Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Yuma, Arizona

Yuma, Arizona

January 04, 2016

Mom and Dad,

Glad to hear you are both doing well!

Tell Brother Duckworth he is in my prayers and I hope he gets better! Glad to hear you are all staying strong and appreciating the blessings we have! I love you all and miss you a lot!

Didn't get a chance to call anyone else at the airport I let other missionaries call and it took up most of the time. I would like to say hi to my brothers though, would you mind sending me their emails? Also I need ideas for easy meals I can make.

We stayed at the mission home Tuesday, and Wednesday. It was awesome, President Toone and his wife are cool. They took us to the Mesa Temple, which is one of my favorite temples now. Thursday we got transferred to our first area.

I'm in Yuma, Arizona, and it is jokingly referred to as the Edge of the World.  Since we are right next to the boarder. I share a house with my trainer Elder Wessman, and another companionship Elder Watt, and Elder Keetch. They are all great guys.

When I got here the kitchen was filthy. But I cleaned it up good this morning, and hopefully, I can convince the others to keep it clean...The dishes were sitting in the sink for a while and after I washed them they still smelled moldy, and I might try buying my own if I can't get them to smell clean. Should I try soaking them in a bleach water mix?

I need a pair of slacks for wearing. Could you send me one? Black, would be best. President Toone wants them to be able to hold a crease, like suit pants, and be made out of a good material. I am definitely a 34 now...We have a pull up bar here so don't worry about sending one

Yuma is a pretty crazy place! We went to see an investigator the other night and accidentally knocked on the wrong house. A man answered while he has holding a gun in his hand... I'm not sure if he was expecting us to get scared or run, but I don't think my brain registered he had a gun and I said in my perkiest missionary voice "Hi we are missionaries fro..." He slammed the door on us and we preceded on to find the investigator's house we were looking for. We found him and had an awesome talk with him and he said he would call us and schedule an appointment!

On Thursday the first day we got here we were able to commit someone to be baptized, and yesterday I gave someone a blessing. 

We also had dinner with the Patriarch in the are! He has his own citrus orchard, with grapefruit, tangelo, and oranges! They are all in season and he just picked a bunch so, He gave us a bag full which was a huge blessing since we couldn't go shopping for breakfast yet so I just ate those! God's work is going strong! Have 6 investigators on date for baptism... They have a long ways to go, but they know it's worth it and we are here to help them!

Love you! Good luck with school mom, and good luck with work Dad! I'll be keeping you all in my prayers!


Elder Collingridge


Elder Wessman and Elder Collingridge - Yuma, Arizona

Elder Griffin Collingridge - Yuma, Arizona

January 11, 2016


Hi Mom,

I'm doing good! This week was a bit better, sounds like a great sacrament meeting you had!
I messaged Guss and he told me about him getting the Priesthood! It's pretty cool, I'm happy for him! That's very inspired what Bishop Mitton talked about - I gave a talk about service on Sunday, too. I told the story of Dad giving service to the Crowley's by building that ramp. I thought it went pretty good!

Glad you're there to help Stefani - she's lucky to have a friend like you. It's good to hear from you, thank you for keeping me in your prayers. I love you and am praying for you all as Well!

Love you!

Elder Collingridge

No comments:

Post a Comment